Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 03:44:42 -0800
Dear FML Family,

My heart and prayers go out to everyone struggling with fuzzy illnesses,
fuzzies that have gone to the rainbow bridge, etc.  I am so sorry for the
many losses people are experiencing.  Each time I read of someone's loss,
I feel so sad and I wish I could have done something to help prevent it.

I want to extend my deepest thanks to those of you who have responded
either on your own or because of my offer, to help Dena and Floyd Marie by
sending donations to their veterinarians.

Unfortunately, only a few people have responded to Dena with donations for
her treatment.  I have yet to hear about the progress of donations to Floyd
Marie's vet.

There are so many needs and so many worthy causes out there, just among
ferrets, not to mention the world.  I would like to help everyone, but I
know it is impossible.  However, I may be able to help those in the most
dire need by offering an incentive to others to donate.  I responded to
these two situations because they were emergencies and the people involved
could in no way come up with the necessary funds in time to save these
little fuzzies.  There are extraordinary circumstances involved in both
cases.

I am "sweetening" my offer to encourage more people to give.  I will make
and send ferret hammocks, blankies, sleep sacks, tubes, etc. from the huge
fabric stash I stockpiled for my personal use and small business that is no
longer in operation, to everyone who requests one or more of these products
from me, in exchange for donations of $5.00 and up to Dena's fund and Floyd
Marie's fund.  This is my GIFT, given to motivate people to give.  I don't
personally know, nor have I met any of the people or ferrets involved.

I previously said I would request payment for postage.  I don't know how I
can possibly pay for postage if I don't.  I am not an established business
and have no extra money sitting around.  But I will leave it up to people
I send products to (for their donations) to reimburse me for postage with
a personal check or money order, at their discretion.

In answer to questions I've gotten: I am not a non-profit organization.
This is not tax deductible.  I am just an individual with a big, mushy,
bleeding heart.  Sounds gross, huh!  <grin>

I am doing this because I don't have much money to send.  I do intend to
send some money, one way or another, however, because so few people have
responded.  I have decided I will do it even though it means I will have to
eat rice for a month or more.  I've also decided that even though I can't
do much of anything about Christmas, in the material sense this year, that
this is a really great way to celebrate the Spirit of Christmas.  I think
these situations are worth it.  I expect that in the future, I may find
some of your situations "worth it" too.  So, if you can even spare fifty
cents or a dollar, please don't think it's not enough.  Every penny helps.
If I have to make stuff for every dollar people send in, I may.  I hope
people will be moved in their hearts to do this simply as a gesture of
kindness, though, not just to "get" something.

In the meantime, I am job hunting so I can support my "charity" habit.
LOL!  Thanks for listening folks!

Dooks and Fuzzy Snuggles,

Alecia

P.S. Please e-mail Elizabeth Ward directly, for information on donating
directly to Floyd Marie's vet.  Her e-mail is [log in to unmask] , or she
can be reached at (919) 544-6414.

Please e-mail Carrie (Dena's mom), for information on donating directly to
Dena's vet.  Her e-mail is [log in to unmask] .

When the Veterinarians receive your donations, they will contact me, either
directly or through Carrie and Elizabeth, to let me know who donated,
amounts, etc.

I invite all donors to contact me directly to confirm that information,
and to order the product(s) they want as their gift.  (I will also sell
additional items to anyone who is interested).  I will need names, mailing
addresses (no PO Boxes), phone numbers (just in case of problems) and
e-mail addresses.  I will work individually with people via e-mail or by
phone to create a high-quality, sturdy product(s)they and their fuzzies
will enjoy.

Please respond today!  Thanks!

Alecia, for Dena and Floyd Marie