From:
Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:56:55 +700
Greetings to our friends abroad in the UK.  In my previous post I listed
the speed achieved by American ferrets and invited the English ferreters to
surpass these speeds.

Unfortunately I failed to list the running speed of an albino male ferret
clocked at a later time and a different place.  This ferret achieved a
running speed of
                              5.63 mph
over a distance of 25 feet indoors in a school gymnasium.

This ferret ran adjacent to a wall on bare wood floor with owner running
alongside.  The ferret was unleashed.  The owner is Laurie Lasko and the
ferrets name is Toby.  This event took place at Sorrenson School, January
25, 1998 at the annual New Year's party put on by the organization Ferrets
NorthWest FNW.

Thanks,
Edward Lipinski
Ferret Endowment for Research, Rehabilitation, Education & Training
Society, NorthWest.