From:
Lisa M Tieber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 12:48:09 -0500
Hi, thanks to all of you for giving me all that great information about
ECE-that was very helpful.  My question now is about deafness.  I have a 3
month old marked-white(with black/raspberry eyes) and he seems to be deaf.
He is unresponsive to any noises.  Is there any association between albinism
or his coloring(marked white) with deafness.  I believe I read somewhere
that albino dogs and cats may also have an undeveloped organ of corti(?).
Does this condition exist in ferrets?  Second, any suggestions as to how to
train this little guy?  He obviously won't come when he is called etc...
Thank you all!