From:
Julie Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 13:02:27 MST
I do not know the best way to mix together my four precious fuzzbutts.  I
would like to get away from separating them everytime I let them out to
play and be able to put them all together in one big cage.  I keep them in
pairs as the two from the pet store a male (Duke) and a female (Koko) get
along fine together.  The other 2 males (Lucifer and Bear) are shelter
fuzzies and were always kept together so no problem with them.  I have
taken my time and slowly got my pet store male, Duke, to get along with the
shelter males and most of the time they are good with one another <G>

My female is yet another story.  Koko goes crazy when she sees them, I use
plexiglass gates to separate them, I constantly swap their beds and
blankies hoping that she will give me a sign that she will not tear their
throats out......just kidding....well maybe not!!!  I waited till my
adopted shelter fuzzies were settled in and comfortable with their new home
and have put on some much needed weight.  I tried a couple of times to put
Koko together with them and it was horrible my little Lucifer cried like a
baby and pooped on the spot from her attack (I felt like s*!#$).  Bear is
deaf, so unless he sees her coming he's dead meat.  Sometimes he has been
able to hold his own, he's able to use his weight more than her.  When I
have tried to put them together everyone goes thru such trauma and stress.
I would like to know if I should try to put Koko with each fuzzbutt
individually or would it be better to put them all together and hash this
out?

Any advice and suggestions welcomed

Julie and the Quarrelling Quartet