From:
Michelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:19:14 -0400
Just wanted to ask all of you out there if you are familiar with any of
these symptoms that my ferret "Baby" is having.  I was thinking it might be
the dreaded Adrenal Disease, but now I am not so sure.  What do you think?
He is almost two years old now and is a gorgeous blaze.  The problem is
that all of the sudden he is losing his hair.  He is losing the hair on his
back just between his shoulder blades, his tail in spots, and under his
chin.  Why?  We haven't changed a thing since we got him when he was a
baby.  He eats the same foods, sleeps in the same bed with the same
ferrets, is even in the same cage and gets regular hairball remedy and some
ferretone just as always.  He acts completely crazy just like he always
does and he eats and drinks normally.  Does anyone out there know what is
going on with him??  Is it possible that his hair is getting so thin in
those areas because he is already losing his summer coat and getting ready
for his winter coat??  Isn't it a bit early for that?  Help!  Thanks.

Michelle