From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:44:51 -0500
>I agree. (We Googled Serrano Ferret) He sounds like a REALLY nice man
>--and I for one will be happy to help with his hospital bill!

>Anyone willing to lay down his life for a ferret is tops in our book.
>He was trying to save his little animal from a drug dealer, and was
>brutally beaten for it.  God bless him!!!

>With 58 ferrets to care for (& most needing special care) we don`t
>have much--but We would like to help Mr. Serrano, in the name of the
>ferret community.  Is anyone else out there with us?  How do we go
>about it?

>(Fundraising is not our specialty.  Please, is there someone out there
>who is used to handling these things?)

My thoughts exactly.  I want to do something, but am not sure where to
start.

You can definitely count me in though.

>Guess we`re asking for TWO things here---Others who are willing to help
>the man, and someone experienced in exactly how to DO it!

>We can send $25.  Can you skip a trip to McDonalds, or a package of
>cigarettes, or a lunch out, & send the money for this cause too?  (Where
>do we send it?)

I too would be willing to contribute something to help him out
financially, and if he truly is a lonely soul, cards might do a lot to
lift his spirits.  It might mean a lot to him to know that others were
moved by his story, and want to send get well wishes his way.

Holly,
Icarus & Cato