From:
Amy Daniewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:37:07 EST
I've been reluctant to post this, but since I haven't seen anyone else
express concern, I wanted to say something.  I really don't think
skydiving with your ferret is a good idea.  First that comes to my mind
is that they are so little and I wonder if the pressure from the drop
would pop their ears or worse.  Second, I really don't think that it is
fair to take someone on a very scary dive like that if they cannot
consent.  I was sitting here thinking about how scared I would be and
then thought how much worse it would be for a little one to suddenly be
in free fall, not understanding what was going on and not being able to
stop it.  I really think that this is mean and may traumatize him.  I just
think that they are too little and can't understand what is happening.
Yes people take dogs skydiving.  Dogs are different, but I wouldn't take
a dog either.  Not everyone gets a rush out of skydiving and you really
don't know if your ferret is one of the people who do, so I would play it
safe and not make him go through that.  Anyway, I really hope that you
give this a second thought.  It would be nice to hear from other
ferret-knowledgeable people out there.  Am I out of line here?

Thanks for listening.

Amy
(the Portland one)
with Machismo, Muchacho and Tevo weasels