From:
Laura Mann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 06:27:33 -0400
Bob, once again, accolades to you!!!  Couldn't have said it better myself.
If you have any info. on specific breeders who fall into the category of
"bad", would love to know so we (I) can take action.  Personally, I know of
none, but only for lack of contact/experience.  Thanks again, for sharing
with the rest of us.  We're all better off for it.

I have one question that I've had some trouble ( i know, shame on me :( )
responding to my california or other friends when the ferret legalization
issue arises.  Now, being an attorney, I usually have little trouble in
debates of this nature with "lay" persons, but I need some help from you
more educated/experienced fert folk on here!!  Ok, here goes... I go through
all the mumbo jumbo about the myths, falsifications, etc and how ferts are
domesticated, will not survive in the wild, etc.  (besides being SO DAMN
CUTE!!! :) ) Sorry, had to throw that in :)... Ok, here's where I run into
a problem.  I've often gotten the response "Now, Laura, c'mon, there's GOT
to be *some* basis for these allegations or it wouldn't be an issue.  They
wouldn't be illegal."  Besides, my "nuh uh" (* real* effective!) and the
fact that all the other states have realized (cept the two(?) ) by
legalizing fert "ownership" through regulation as opposed to outright bans,
what else can I say??  How else do I respond to that comment without just
pointing out that all politicians/legislative bodies actions *always* make
perfect sense and can be justified with the facts..  (yeah, sure, that's
it!) Anyway, just looking for some help here with this..  Not a californian,
but wanted to be at different times in my life and refused to move there
just because of this issue.  Thanks!!

Laura, Queen Zen and Queen Bu  (hey, Bob, me and the girls ICQ # is:
6327785.  Would love to chat sometime and hear more!  Anyone else too for
that matter, and I' *not* a junkie!!  I"m not, I tell ya!  i swear!  :) )

p.s.  psssst..  Natalie..  all free lawyers ain't bad!!!  lol!!  sorry,
couldn't resist.  I don't work for the county, but I am a civil legal aid
lawyer so.... :)