From:
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:04:24 EST
Hi everyone!
Being from Nevada, i was a little unaware of sting operations in Cal on
ferret owners!  That just blows me away, its one thing to not be able to
legally own one but to do a sting!!!  Learned something new today.  I did
responed after his 2nd post to let him know that if he wanted to bring the
ferret to Las Vegas, not really unreasonable its a fun place to visit, he
was more than welcome to do so.  i also gave him an other idea on how to
find his ferret a home.

Well i got an email back from him to day saying Thanks, but I was trying
to SAVE myself a drive.  Didn't acknowledge my other suggestion.  i hope i
took it wrong, that can happen but it seemed sarcastic?  Then i read FML,
so maybe not.  I hope hes for real and not a set up - thats sad to do that
to people who just want to own a fuzzie and give him love.  This is just my
thoughts, I'm not acussing anyone of anything, don't take me wrong.

I do California rescues and have some futigives at my shelter, thanks to
Hildi's hard work and love for ferrets, she has saved many of their lives,
Gumby and Rosie sure are thankful to her!

I get requests from people from Cal wanting ferrets from me, please
understand that I cannot adopt to anyone in that state or any place where
they are illegal.  That would put CDFA, my shelter and all the ferrets
involved in a great mess.  If your in Cal and want a ferret or need to
place one get involved with FA, or CDFA and if your legit and serious maybe
they can help you.  I will always take in Cal refugees and be a safe haven
for them, its such a sad sad situation for these little fuzzies.  I hope
things will change soon..but i have my doubts.  bless everyone who helps
the ferrets get to a safe place, they work real hard and really love those
fuzzies.  Ok, soapbox done, sorry so long.

On Mazuri food, just got a bag in and so far I'm happy with it!  Two of my
Cal ferrets refused to eat anything, even the food i bought that their mom
said they like, i was getting real worried about them.  Well, that day my
Mazuri came in and i took a handful and held it up to they while they were
in their hammock..wow..they gobbled it right up.  I was so happy, whew
they're eating again.  BTW, i gave them duck soup, nutrical, everything but
the kitchen sink to get them to eat, to no avail.  So, happy ending..they
are eating Mazuri, their food and treats, even some of the other ferrets
food!  I'll keep you all posted on other results from this food!

Last note, please say a prayer for one of the shelter guys having surgery
tomorrow if hes stablized and responding to treatment.  He has a Very large
spleen causing havoc to his little body, his name is Kish.  he crashed Sat
morn and was rushed to the vet, they stablized him and hes doing ok right
now, so keep your paws crossed for him.  hes a real sweetheart, kissy face
ferret.

Have a ferrific day..
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue and Shelter
where ferrets are treated like gold...
cause we are silly mommy...the fer-rat pack of las vegas