From:
Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 08:15:05 -0800
I just wanted to thank EVERYONE who responded to my sick little Elsa...there
were a lot of you and I tried to respond back but I think I might have
missed a couple.  Sorry!!!  I also wanted to thank Dayna for sending me a
feeding syringe.  I lost a bunch of email addresses so i can't thank you
personally...I'll definitely use it though!

I have one other question & a comment...Elsa looks like she is "on the
mend".  She's eating & drinking on her own, and her stools are looking much
better/more solid.  W/i the past five days though she's starting grinding
her teeth.  Usually after she's eaten, but also if she just wakes up
randomly.  If nobody has heard this noise before, it's akin to (and even
worse, in my opinion) fingernails on the blackboard...ouch.  Her vet thinks
if she keeps this up it might be an ulcer????  Does anyone know why a ferret
would grind their teeth like that?

Also...I've noticed some comments recently posted about ferrets drinking
their urine.  My 3 yr old Linus did that last fall for a while.  Quite
unpleasant.  If you have the money it's worthwhile to have the urine
analyzed, if only for peace of mind.  The vet concluded nothing was wrong
w/Linus, he just had some bad "table manners" & maybe I ought to sit him
down and have "a talk".  I just was more strict w/him and the litter box,
when he uses the box he doesn't have any pool of urine to drink.  So he
doesn't do that anymore.

Minta