From:
Sheena Staples <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Oct 1995 02:20:28 -0700
Well, I was in our local pet store today and the ferrets were out (in their
terrible cedar shavings) and all the clerks were busy and I didn't want to
open the cage and play without asking.  So I approached a clerk and asked if
I could play with the ferrets and he said, without looking at me, "Sure, but
you'll have to hold on until I'm free."  And I said "But I have 6 at home."
And he looked up and saw me and said "Oh it's you.  Sure go ahead." Then
while I was cuddling, another clerk walked by and said "Oh hi, Ferret Lady.
So how many do you have now?"  My SO was far far away looking at the Stick
Insects as he isn't impressed that all pet stores and pet supply stores in a
100 mile radius recognize me.

There was a terrible little foam ball in the cage, all chewed to ribbons so
I promptly (albeit politely) gave the clerk a stern lecture about the
dangers of intestinal blockages and by the time I was done she was staring
at me, mouth agape, and was running to the garbage with the foamy death toy
as fast as she could.  Then I worked on her a bit about the cedar shavings,
but I don't know how convinced she was, so we are sending all pet stores a
copy of Pam Greene & Dr William's literature about the horrors.  Boy, pretty
soon they aren't going to allow me in there anymore (my SO will be pleased).

Those Ferretrail thingies just arrived too, but they're something like
$12.99 for a length about as big as my computer screen.  I think I'll stick
to the Big-O tubing until I strike it rich.

Debi: congrats and good luck.  I know Logan thanks you from the bottom of
his furry little heart.

Sheena