From:
Fai McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 10:59:47 -0800
I have so much to be thankful for!  Edgar and Dahli found a door left
closed, but unlatched and made their escape to freedom, past one dog and
eight cats into the cold night air.  We didn't notice they were missing
until I had the cage cleaned and ready for them to go back in.  Where
were the two missing fuzzies???  Panic!  Looking into the dark fog, no
ferrets to be seen, cats milling about on the porch.  Knowing that the
house is surrounded by 5 acres of woods filled with weasels, coyottes,
and owls, flashlights were grabbed, and a posse formed.  Dahli was found
slinking around the propane tank, and tried to make a mad dash under it.
Edgar was making his way into the underbrush as the cats led the way to
his capture.  Cold and wet, the wayward weasels were brought back into
captivity, and put to bed in disgrace.  Follie licked off ears and face
and eagerly listened to the tale of the great outdoors.

I just know they are all planning their get away as I type this.  I look
into their sweet furry faces and I'm so thankful to get them back.  I
have told them they will no longer be allowed to run free downstairs
while guests are in the house.  That was last night.  This morning while
I had them out of their condo, the two errant fuzzies spent their whole
time running from door to door to check to see if they could escape.
They looked longingly out the french doors to the morning outside,
wishing they were romping in the field.  They have been wild this
morning, exciting the others to revolt as well.  Do I have a mutiny
on my hands?  My sweet fuzzies!

Fai and the Four Easel Weasels: Follie, Edgar, Dahli and Spike

Follie: "Why dids ya take Dahli with ya, Edgar?  I thought I waz yur
girl?"
Spike: "Where'ze the booty, Dahli??? I made da diverzion juzt like youz
said. . .youz promized to bring back treatz!"
Edgar: "Just 2 more pawz and freedomz would been mine! Follie muzt haz
told momzie that we waz gone. . ."
Dahli: (with eyes squinted) "Next time. . ."