From:
Fai McCabe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 17:32:36 -0800
The day after this topic came up, my four easel weasels got loose
downstairs, and decided to find their own way to the playroom upstairs.
All of the fuzzies made their way up the stairs, two of them went on into
the open playroom, the other two decided to explore the stairway
landing/balcony.  As I came up the stairs after them, I found the two
looking down at me from above from between the railings.  Dahli looked
like she was going to try to jump on me, and Spike was making plans for
flight.  I had a hard time gathering them up, because they thought this
was such fun.  Dahli has no idea of distance.  She will stand at the
bottom of my bow-flex exercise machine, and try to jump up to the weight
bar at the top (6' above her head).  She comes embarrassingly short (4'
from the mark), but that does not deter her from trying again and again.
She just looks confused that the bar isn't where she thought it would be.
In her way of thinking she should be sitting up there on top of it.  Poor
creatures.  They are so joyous, but they could kill themselves in their
joy.  I am constantly reminded of how their safety remains in our hands.
All it takes is one time.  Spike is still trying to jump in the bathtub
whenever there is water in it--I've tried to tell him he could drown if
I'm not there to fish him out, but he doesn't listen--he's having too
much fun.  He also loves to eat the soap.  Follie loves anything made of
rubber, and will hiss, bite, scratch, hide, to keep it.  Edgar likes to
hide under things and get lost.  (Aaauuuggghhh!  I've been weaselized!!!)
Everyday I come up with new ideas for saving them from themselves.  But
one look into their furry faces and I know this is what I want.  To be
owned by these four is such a privilege.  They are sleeping now, and the
house is too quiet!

Fai and the Four Easel Weasels: Edgar, Dahli, Follie and Spike