From:
Hey Hey Hey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:59:22 -0400
Hey All,

Rinkydink came thru her surgery just fine.  She woke up in recovery a
little earlier than expected and was more active than normal.  She was
being housed in an incubator type thing to keep her warm.  Dr. Howard took
her home with him last nite.  Said she was a little paler than he liked but
her color is better this am.  Also said she couldnt seem to get comfortable
in her incubator so he tried her in her carrier.  She got in and crawled
right into her little sleepy sack and did not move again.  My little girl
loves her sleepy sack.

The bad news is that it is not a blockage.  Dr. Howard found an area where
the stomach wall was thickened along with some thickened intestines.  The
lymph nodes in this area were swollen.  He took a total of 6 biopsies.
The pathology report will take 5 to 7 days.

The really bad news is that Dr. Howard suspects that this is juvinile
lymphoma.  If that is the case, time with Rinkydink is now very precious.
Dr. Howard did say that there could be other causes for her symptomology.
The tentative plan is for Rinkydink to come home tommorrow afternoon.

Please keep saying that prayer we all say from time to time for my little
girl.  Please God, please, please, please, please, please, God, please,
please. please.........

I spent all of my waking hours last nite, reliving Rinkydinks life.
Rinkydink is just 14 months old on the 15th of this month.

A Prayerful and Tearful,

Karen