From:
"Jennifer D. Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2000 22:57:58 -0400
Okay, so with that subject line, anyone normal would assume I was talking
about a human infant.  Anyway.  My fiance and I had wandered by a local pet
store a hundred times and noticed a particular kit--a lovely light silver
panda female with dark burgundy eyes who would always run over and play
with everyone.  The store is decent, and has been very good about listening
to our advice.  We very, very carefully stopped going in to play with this
little girl and her identical brother.

To make a long story short, someone bought the little one and got freaked
out because she's deaf.  He was going to bring her back to the pet store,
but ended up bringing her here instead.  So we ended up with the little
girl we were absolutely not going to buy.  She's adorable--about 10 weeks
or so, and the deepest sleeper ever (even for a deaf baby ferret), who
likes to twist herself into crazy shapes while she sleeps.  She's a
snuggler and a kisser, and absolutely not nippy at all.  She's almost a
real panda--has a little bit of silver on her brow.  Her silver blanket is
just that--her belly is creamy white.  All four feet are white too, and the
tip of her tail.  Her eyes are black unless the light hits them right, at
which point they're deep red.  Her bully of a big brother chases her around
and drags her by the scruff of her neck a bit.  At first we were seperating
them, but then we noticed that as soon as she frees herself she jumps back
on top of him.  She squeals like a stuck pig the whole time, but we think
she's just a talker.

We need a name for her.  A few are being tossed around.  We'd like it to be
at least vaguely similar to Tesseract, whose name means something obscure
but is also easily abbreviated to Tess.  Our last few ended up with very
normal names--Molly, Simon, Figaro, Leopold--and we recently lost Amadeo.
Gibber and Winter round out the crew.  Anyway, we were looking for names
that mean "fate" or "luck" or some such.  Dharma, maybe.  We've used Karma
and Kismet for rescues in the past, so those are out.  Any other
suggestions are also welcome!  Right now, she's just "the baby." As in
"Where's the baby?"

Jen and the Crazy Business