From:
Patrick Mulligan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 09:49:48 -0600
Howdy,
   I am writing to find if anyone has any suggestions on how to liven up my
1.5 year old male ferret.  Until about six months ago he was pretty
rambunctious.  He always wanted to play.  Then he justy seemed to tire of
the games we were playing with him.  He will come out of his cage and just
lay down on the floor.  When he began behaving like this he started to put
on weight.  We took him to his vet but no problem.  He had previously only
behaved this way when sick with the flu etc.  In any case we though that it
may have been because he was alone in a cage most of the day and we looked
into adopting anouther ferret.  We ended up with anouther 1.5 year old male,
Sam.  Perri and Sam have developed a great friendship but perri seems to be
gatting more and more lethargic and fatter as well.  He spends most of his
time lying on the floor or on a chair with his eyes wide open, the only time
he is truly active is when wrestling with Sam.  Sam is always the one who
starts it.  Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get perri to be
more active.  He gets tons of love from my girlfriend and I but it just
doesn't seem to help.  Also he has been diagnosed with an enlarged spleen.
Could that be the problem.

Thanks,
Pat