From:
Ellen Van Landingham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 12:42:52 -0700
Christy Toth <[log in to unmask]> asked
>Has anyone purchased this toy for there babies?  If so how did it work
>with your ferrets?  Is there enough space for them to actually move
>around well?

Christy,

My ferrets got one of these for Christmas several years ago, and it's still
one of their favorite toys.  Be aware, though, that there are several
styles of runabout balls.  For ferrets, it's important to get one with
*multiple* entrance/exit holes in it; if the ball has only one hole and
it comes to rest with the hole on the floor, ferrets napping inside can
suffocate.

The one we have is marketed especially for ferrets.  It's considerably
larger than the ones I've seen in pet stores, and has 4 bigger-than-
ferret-sized holes.  I think we got it from The Ferret Store.

ellen
--
mailto:[log in to unmask]