Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 02:49:59 EDT
>your post caused me a bit of concern.  I feed my 'devils' TF and would
>very much appreciate the "sell by" date that is in question.  At this
>time I have 2 bags of unopened TF and if something is wrong, I'd like to
>return it where I purchased it.  Thank you for your help, and love to the
>fuzzies.

Hi,

Apparently my post about the TF food recall that my bags fell into has
caused a bit of a stir.  My apologies.

The "sell by" date of the food in question is April 13, 2001.  The food
affected is the regular (Show, Active, and Pet) food with the blue label.
I have no idea if any TF for older ferrets was affected.

Thanks to a suggestion from another FMLer, I called Performance Foods and
spoke to Jeff.  He needed the "sell by" date and the lot number (found
above the "sell by" date) to confirm that I did indeed have some of the
bad food.  It is VERY obvious when you open it that something is wrong by
the smell.

Jeff said that one of their suppliers sold them some rancid chicken and
it was added to the food, bagged, and distributed before the problem was
discovered.  Distributors and retailers were contacted and asked to remove
the food from the shelves.  Some had been sold, but if you have the bad
food, you can call Jeff and get it replaced.  I called Monday and he said
I should expect the replacement food on Wednesday.

Excellent Customer Service!!!

Thank you to all who gave me Mary Van Dahm's phone number or asked her to
contact me.  We did connect, but I had already resolved the problem with
Performance Foods (now Mary doesn't need to ship me any new food!).

Kim