From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 23:25:56 EDT
This isn't quite what you think.Just wanted to send this poem for the
little ones.

Little pink nose pressed against the glass.
Please, I'm so cute. Oh no, don't just pass.

Couldn't this once they stop and care?
How could they resist a face so fair?

A rat, he says.No,I don't think so.
What I am, what I can be, not many know.

There's a lady there. She looks so kind.
Yes, you can pick me up. I won't mind.

Oh, this feels good, to be snuggled up nice,
Warm and cared for. I think I'll lick twice.

How sad she looks, when she gazes at my brother.
I guess she wishes she could also take the other.

She's taking me home, so I won't get hurt.
Even though I sneezed all over her shirt.

She says I'm sick, but she'll care for me,
So I can feel good, and be what I was meant to be.

That man over there is frowning at us,
But she says there is no time to discuss.

She says to be proud of what you are,
For someday, I'll become a bright star.

Soon, she says, I'll dance with glee,
And make her regret she looked at me.