From:
sandee ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 11:03:09 -0800
A boy named Merlin came walking out from the glow at the end of the
bridge the other day.  He was a good looking boy with a beautiful silver
back.  He looked like his name Merlin!  His eyes looked very wise, and
he explained that he had seen a lot in his little life.  But most of what
he saw were the wonders of living with his mom and his friends.  I told
him that speaking of friends, Scooter and PeeWee had been asking if he
had arrived yet.  He was excited to know ferrets were actually waiting
for him.  Hmmf!  Like I wasn't enough.

So we walked through the colorful heather, and past the rice beds in
search of his two friends.  I showed him all the sites.  He wanted to
check out the hammies before we moved on though.  He wanted to make sure
that situation was okay.  Apparently he once had a ratty hammy that was
not okay before his mom took him in.  So we went down to hammy land to
pick him out a winner!  He picked a thick, furry, polka dot one!  LOL.
He jumped up into it, tried it out, rolled around to get his scent all
in it and then announced that he was ready to continue on to find his
friends.

Well, it wasn't hard to find them.  PeeWee, of course, was with Scooter
who had arrived a few months back.  Scooter was a stunning silver mitt.
But he doesn't have mitts anymore.  No, that wasn't good enough for him.
He had long, white, socks on his legs.  And he loved showing them off.
He said it reflected his "inner self" whatever that's supposed to mean.
Anyway, I knew where we'd find Scooter.  He was where all the sofa's
were ... guarding his sock stash.  When we arrived, Scooter and PeeWee,
ran up and tackled Merlin and began chattering about all their adventures
up here.  Then Scooter showed Merlin how busy he had been.  Sofa, after
sofa, after sofa, completely stuffed with socks.  He has an eternity of
couches to use, and an endless supply of socks to find.  Merlin just
shook his head and looked towards PeeWee who just held up his paws and
shrugged.

Merlin asked both of them, "this is what you call fun?!  No, l'll show
you what fun is ..." And he whispered into my ear asking me where
something was.  I pointed out to him that he now had silvery tipped wings
to match his fur, and he could go flying with his buddies to find what he
was looking for.  Part of the fun of being a ferret is exploring and
hunting things down, not being told where they are!  So with a huge grin,
had crouched down, leapt up to the skies, and Scooter and PeeWee weren't
far behind.  Because ferrets are so curious, I had to follow!  It was in
order, don't you think?

So up in the skies we cruised until Merlin's little nose twitched.
He power sniffed, and located what he was looking for.  Potatoes!
"Come on guys!"  And he dove down to the potato patches.  He was quite
flabbergasted to find out that they weren't just laying about like in his
house.  He had to DIG for them.  Potatoes live in the ground.  Thank
goodness PeeWee and Scooter were there to help.  They had a blast digging
up potatoes.  In fact, they didn't stop.  Only Merlin stopped.  Because
he wanted the potatoes for something special.  Potato bowling!  The
potatoes reminded him of his home and his mom.  He looked at me, and
whined, "My Diddy!".  I reassured him that his mom was just fine.  She
was healing, and it was okay.  I reminded him that she will come someday,
and meanwhile, to just bowl a way.  :)

Sandee