From:
Susan Downey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jul 1997 09:58:16 +0000
Hey all,

First, I am off to Alaska for 2 weeks.  Are there any ferret people in
Anchorage who I could bumb a ferret fix off of.  We will be backpacking for
10 days and then be in Anchorage Aug 7, 8, and 9.  email me with a phone
number and I will get a hold of you when I get there.  My 5 kids are staying
with my parents.  Really it is ferret camp for them.  They get really
spoiled, last time we left them I don't think they missed us.  They were
having to much fun.

We had out yearly vet visit on Saturday.  Everyone got a really clean bill
of health.  Execpt Hugo, He is getting cateracts (sp?).  The vet does not
know how fast they will progress and make him blind.  I know there are a
bunch of you out there who have blind ferrets who do just fine.  Can you
please send me some info on what to expect.  I am not to worried, he knows
his way around the house really well.  I just want to be sure I do every
thing he needs.

Oh yea a quick Sammy story.  He has gotten into a really bad habit of
scratching at my husbands speaker.  Well this is a nono, Sammy gets really
wet when ever he does this.  (with the squirt bottle).  I am not allowed to
pick sammy up and love him when he is wet.  We have to teach him a lesson.
Sammy is a 5 star actor.  Whhen he gets in trouble He will go to the middle
of the room, lay flat and SIGH, I mean BIG sigh.  Then slowly slink to the
nearest rug and go under enough so just his butt is sticking out and 3 or 4
BIG SIGHs.  Then fot the last act, find me, lay flat on my feet and BIG
SIGH.  By this time I feel so sorry for him.  He gets picked up and lots of
kisses.  What a goof.

Well hopefuly see some of you in AK.

Sue and the frenzy of five,
IZZY - No cup is to big, heavy or full  for me to cary around
HUGO - Let me ride on you sholder so I can see better
SAMMY - If I jump really high maybe I can reach you knees - SPROING-
ELBERT - huh?  Did you say FOOD?  Where???
TAOS - Other  Ferrets feet are my favorite treats.  Stand still Hugo let me
       have your feet. No no don't roll over on me - SQUISH-

Susan Downey
ACS/Ball Aerospace
(303)939-4686

"What do they think I am, an engineer?"