From:
Hosea Maggard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 1996 01:37:49 +0000
>From: Dayna Frazier
>Subject: Bits and Pieces

I thought your post was very informative but when I got my first ferret
seven years ago, you couldn't even get any ferret food in California pet
stores.  So I fed her Iams Kitten food because that is what she was raised
on.  Lami and Sid got started on Iams too.  When I saw the first ferret food
(8 in 1) in the pet store a few years back I thought it was really great
that I now could feed my ferrets the right food and bought it.  Well, let me
tell you that was the most expensive cat food I ever bought.  Both ferrets
would not eat it and I ended up feeding it to the cats, they loved it.  Lami
and Sid still prefer Iams Kitten to any old ferret food and they are doing
great on it, at least that is what my dad tells me.  I guess ferrets like
other critters have individual tastes.

Lami and Sid also loved to steal the cheap cat food that I get for all the
stray cats outside.  Every morning when I would let them out of their cage,
they would run over to the cat food container and sit there munching for a
few minutes.  Of course, if I ran out of Iams and tried to feed them the
cheap cat food in their cage, they would dump the food bowl and scatter the
food all over their cage.  How dare I feed them cheap cat food!

>From: Dawn Desmarais
>Subject: Discovery Channel

I missed it the first time around, my brother called me and told me that he
had seen ferrets on TV.  So when it came back on three hours later I was
ready and I taped it.  They were so adorable, except for the feeding part.
I can't believe that only 12-27% of them survive to reproduce in the wild,
what a shame.

Everybody hug their ferrets for me,

Ilona, Ferretless in California