From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 1995 21:07:41 -0500
We were first online with Compuserve in 1991.  We were on the ferret
mailing list at that time as an individual user "Chere MCoy" and began
receiving the FML.

In August of 1992 all "hell broke loose" when Hurricane Andrew struck Cutler
Ridge, FL where the Miami Ferret Shelter was located - it was totally
destroyed by Hurricane Andrew.   The Ferret Mailing List sent out numerous
message not only on the Ferret Mailing List but also to animal lovers
everywhere.  The messages sent out by the creators of the FML brought
hundreds of people togather to assisted the animals by that disaster.

Since August of 1992 we have used the FML to: - Alert others of potential
disaster's - communicate with one another about what others are doing
regarding disaster preparation - and give other warnings  ( Hurricane,
Tornado, Gas Leaks, Fires, Floods, Earthquakes).

Since April of 1993 the editors of the FML have assisted both Ferret Friends
of Indian River County International and Ferret Friends Disaster Response
International HSUS EXPO's - by insuring we had FML's to hand out at the
EXPO's so that people who attended the EXPO's would know where they could
get assistance with ferret questions.

Finally - those that read the FML - I know that none of you are aware of
just how much Bill Gruber has done to promote our Ferrets but he has done
more than you or I or any other - so for this Thanksgiving:

I thank the universe that there is a Bill Gruber running something known as
the "Ferret Mailing List"

WE LOVE YOU BIG

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends of Indian River County International
Ferret Friends of Indain River County Shelter
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International