From:
0022910s <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:56:21 +0000
Hi folks,

If you remember from my recent intro-posting I'm the feretless one.
I have been searching the web for a nice house for my 2 future-owners
and an email from one of our friends reminded me there is a wealth of
experience here to tap into.

I'm in Ireland and importing stuff from the USA has become a real pain
of late so I'm going to rely on EU sources.  I was coveting the lovely
looking SUPERPET DELUXE MULTI-FLOOR FERRET HOME on the
http://www.petsdirect.com/hierarchy_Products.aspxpageNum=1
&strGrp1Code=SMLANIMALS&strGrp2Code=ATHOME&strGrp3Code=27
website, but I am advised that grooves around the edges of the platform
pieces make cleaning a pain.  There are a number of other cages offered
at what look to me to be good prices (I've been surfing around.) Would
anyone care to comment?  Are those off-planet looking tubes as fun for
the fuzzies as they look?  Obviously cleaning and access are important
considerations.

Our friend with the reservations about the SUPERPET DELUXE MULTI-FLOOR
FERRET HOME 81x51x147cm has had a good experience with Martinscages.  I
have a source here for those so I'd welsome any comments on those as
well.

As I say apparently "pee & poop" getting into the grooves is a problem.
I (well more especially my partner) am currently pondering the litter
training aspect of ferret care.  We have a couple of dogs so we're used
to accidents and malodorous contributions to our atmosphere from either
end.  I am very keen to learn from your experience.  I was wondering
could a multi-platform house be an aid to litter training (confining them
to the bottom utility area and expanding their space upwards as they get
the idea...) It is likely my pets will be from kept-outdoors/ferreting
stock so I don't know what littering arrangements they'd be used to ...
if any.

Please email me without restraint!  If you're uncomfortable about
commenting on commercial offered products publically email me directly.

Sorry if this is a bit long

Seos