From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 22:41:02 -0800
Thought I would update everyone on my kids.  The new guy, Oliver, is doing
great!  I got him on Friday and he and the girls have been getting along
real well.  He is much, much calmer than the girls, but also younger.  Go
figure.  He is being treated for a low grade ear infection, otherwise
appears to be healthy in every other way.  He got his shots on Friday when I
took him to the vets.  I realize that it would have been better not to
receive both his shots on the same day, but I so caught up in the moment of
getting another ferret.  It happened so fast.  I was told it would be awhile
since the organization doesn't get too many ferrets.  Only 1 1/2 weeks.  By
the 2nd day, he was right at home and sleeping with the girls when I went to
put them to bed.  No real problems with fighting or sorting out dominance.

The bad news.  Friday afternoon my friend (house-sitter) discovered a lump
on Tequila's neck.  So I rushed her off to the vets office.  (2nd time in
1/2 day that they squeezed me in - aren't they great!)  He's thinking/hoping
that it is a bacterial mass and will go away with antibiotics (.25 cc x2
daily for 10 days).  If it goes away, great.  If not, then he's thinking
tumor, cancer... I don't know if it's just wishful thinking on my part, but
I think it is getting smaller, just not very fast.  She's doing well on the
Lysodren, growing more hair and her appetite seems to be okay, but overall
her activity level is noticably down.  I don't think she's unhappy, but I am
so worried about her.  She's fought this adrenal gland thing like a real
trooper, I am saddened that she is now struggling with other problems too.
I am concerned that she isn't keeping hydrated enough.  Her skin is slow to
return if you pinch her neck.  Should I/could I start giving her something
like Pedialyte to help her out?

I lost all my "special ferret" information in a computer related accident a
short time ago.  Very bummed.  Would like a duck soup recipe to keep on hand
if someone can send it to me.  Thanks very much.

TNT
Holly