From:
"Holly S. DiMeglio" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 12:18:33 -0800
Hello Everyone,

I am afraid this may be nearly one of the last times I have to sit down,
read and post to the FML with any regularity as school is already
overwhelming.  As a nursing student, I feel that my critters are giving me
plenty of practice caring for others.  I wish there was a vet school up here
because I would much rather treat animals than people, but I can always go
back to school again later!

Olivers ears are looking really good and he will be finished with drops
tonight.  I'm pretty sure that Tequila is going to have to have a biopsy
done with the lump on her neck.  Since yesterday it has become noticably
bigger.  My vet is great and will help make things a bit more affordable for
me to treat her appropriately.  He seems to have an extra soft spot in his
heart for Tequila, I almost have to pry her out of his hands when its time
to go.  He doesn't do this with the others, just her.  While I am concerned
about the money aspect of what all of this will mean, I am more concerned
with the quality of life she has.  As I have said before, she seems okay,
just not as playful as she has been in the past.  She hasn't attacked the
dog but just a couple of times since the start of summer.  Last winter it
was at least a once/twice a day occurance - GREAT FUN!  She doesn't play
with the other two ferrets at all.  Kahlua misses her, and will go find
where she is sleeping when she wants to sleep, just to be close to her.
Tequila grooms the other two ferrets almost daily and I find this an
encouraging sign.  Anybody have any thoughts or encouragement on this?  It's
got me feeling awfully low lately.

To Troy Lynn:  thank you very much for all the recipes, I want to keep them
handy just in case.

To Sheena:  after a long, stressful week I really needed a story like Mr.
Mousey and the Mighty Hunters.  I laughed so hard, what a stress reliever!
Thank you!

Must be going, another long day ahead of me.

TNT, Holly