Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:55:29 -0400
We do not get rabies vaccines for our 6 ferrets. We do get distemper
vaccines, but those are every 18 months, not every year. Unless you are
in an area that requires rabies vaccines, then I believe that there's
little reason to do so. The actual incidence of rabies in ferrets,
especially house-bound ferrets, is so extremely rare that it doesn't
come close to equaling the risk that exists that the ferret could die
from a reaction to the vaccine itself. Canine Distemper is another
story, as that does occur more often and is more easily transmitted.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo and Mr. Parker
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, Luna, Dozer, and Possum