From:
caylalinus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 17:47:43 -0500
INTRODUCING: RAISIN

I recently had a really bad scare with one of my babies, Jasmine.  All of
my males (Bugsy, Lucky, & Sambo,who I rescued from the humane society
recently) are very precocious.  Bugsy has recently become obsessed with
trying to climb on the kitchen counter.  He'll jump from something onto
it that is close, or if I'm bent down, he'll climb up my back & jump on
the counter.

Anyway, Bugsy ran behind the microwave, which is at an angle, & all I
could think of was him electrocuting himself somehow-(I'm a very
overprotective mommy) In my rush to get to him, I tripped on a blanket,
that I had stupidly left on the floor, which Jasmine was under.  She
came out from under the blanket & was walking very slowly & but walking
nonetheless.  She was breathing very fast & wouldn't do anything but
lay, & Jazzy normally won't hold still for longer than like 5 seconds.
I took her to the emergency clinic & found that she had 1/4 of her lung
bruised from ME!!  You can imagine the guilt I felt & still feel.  She's
doing better now though.  She's on an antibiotic & the clinic gave her
a pain shot.  She seems to have recovered.  I had to keep her isolated
from Cinnamon, her cage mate & they were both kind of nuts over that.
They are definitely glad to be back together.

Anyway, to make a long story short (I know, too late) I had put Cinnamon
in with Sambo for the isolation period b/c they get along well.  After I
took her out, I felt sorry for Sambo, even though he's kind of a loner,
but he's the only one without a cage mate.  SO, I went & got a baby
female that I fell in love with.  She's dark all over, so dark brown
she's almost black, except for right by her mouth & under her chin, which
is white.  I've been looking for a dark one.  I think she's a dark sable
b/c you can't make out a faint mask that's a tad lighter shade of dark
brown.  She's the exact shade of a raisin-therefore, how she got her
name :o)  So, now I have 8.  I think that's a good number-I like even
numbers!!

Sorry this was so long-

Becky, Daisy, Honey, Bugsy, Lucky, Jasmine, Cinnamon, Sambo, & Raisin