From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 19:33:16 PST
Tonight as I was playing with the ferrets, I heard the water bottle in
the bottom part of the cage, make what sounded like a drinking sound (no
ferrets in the cage at this time - door was shut).  Now I know that water
bottles sometimes give off air bubbles, but this sounded like a ferret
drinking.  Of course I immediately thought of my Rasta, who passed on
November 4th last year.  So there I was, sitting there bawling my eyes out
and Cleo climbed up on top of me and started hugging my neck, as if to say
"it is ok mommy".  I keep telling myself that Rasta is better off where he
is, but it sure doesn't help much - I miss him terribly.  I have tried to
be strong for others and be supportive, but deep down inside I am hurting
over his departure.  I told myself that I would bury his ashes, but I
cannot seem to do it.  Sometimes I swear I can hear his little feet on the
floor, but that is wishful thinking.  To all of you who go through this on
a regular basis, I am sorry.  I know that Sonya has experienced tremendous
pain over the loss of Renny, and I want you to know that I too, am having
similar episodes.

On to the following...
Now the Killians are questioning if people are breeders?  I was not aware
that in order to agree with Lisette on certain things that it required
anyone to be a breeder.  I don't understand what that comment was about or
why it was made.  No need to explain, I don't spend much time on illogical
comments.

To others who have also experienced directives such as these, from any
source, my condolences.  It certainly amazes me to see certain people
still being uncivil to those they don't agree with.  Oh well, some people
are simply unhappy in life or love or whatever the case may be.  Try not
to take it personally.  Life goes on...hopefully in a POSITIVE light.
Although I am not religous, I do feel that religion might do some people
some good, particularly those who continuously try to demean and hurt
others with their nastiness.  My girlfriend calls it low self-esteem.
I call it nastiness.  Whatever your definition is, STOP!  I am not
"retaliating", I am not directing this at one or two people, it is for
everyone who cannot disagree in a civil manner.  Profanity, name-calling
or straying from the topic at hand, are not necessary.  This will be the
last time I respond to such, and the last time I will post a "lecture"
on this - LOL!  I am very forgiving and sympathetic to those who are
emotionally challenged and realize that for some, ignorance is bliss.

Tomorrow, Cleo and Dopey are being descented.  I am very freaked out about
it, but I can also understand my husband's point of view.  Cleo poofs in
all of his stuff and it is the worst smell.  I have been around tons of
ferrets who still have their glands intact, and I can vouch that hers is
the worst I have smelled!  I cannot remember who it was that posted that
they had their three-year-old ferret descented successfully, but thank
you for helping put my mind at a bit more ease.  I am glad that everything
went well.

Please say a prayer that both my babies will be fine.  I am glad it is
happening on a Friday, because that is the least busy day for me at work
and I know my mind wont be on work.

Thank you for letting me speak my mind.  I really like the way that BIG is
moderating the FML lately.  He certainly put up with lots of complaints
from me in the past, and deserves a thank you.

Take care~