Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2010 10:42:21 EST
A small comment concerning a fragment of a written FML message this
morning:
>people say mean things about ferrets

There is not much that anyone can say about ferrets that can really
upset me anymore. ...except calling a little one that they have dumped
or gotten rid of "it." I have heard this easily a hundred times.
Usually, it is because they bit so badly.

The reason I do not get all disturbed anymore is that so much of
what is said is true. But, we all know that there are flaws and
imperfections in any animal OR human. I can usually agree with what
is said and let go. Or, if a person is being snotty, and I am of good
cheer and ready for an easy battle, I can point out that they are
nothing like....And here I mention child, or dog, or cat. And i name
the numerous possible negative factors in which ever one I chose.

In fact, having been affronted at a particular vets whille there with
a sick ferret on several occassions, I was ready with my response to
quell and stun by the third visit. I knew my "opponent" had a dog, as
she (women can be so contemptuous) had brought one to the vet.

I rapidly ran off_ while feigning faint repugnance upon my face_ all
the atrocious things a dog can do. (I would actually love a dog. But I
feel they need someone home all day, or a family. My varied hours of
work and dislike of setting out in cold or wet weather would make me a
poor companion to such a noble creature.) I utterly stunned the lady
who had set out to humiliate me while I sat there with an animal in
distress.

However, I have come to stop my blind devotion to the ferret upon the
point that I was in denial. I am now utterly honest with people about
the negatives I have encountered involving the animal I adore when
conversation of them arises. And there are some significant setbacks
to owning one....as there are to caring properly and lovingly for any
being.

I have now observed that, like people, ferrets can be without proper
socialization. They can be mentally unbalanced, or they can dislike
another ferret greatly for no apparent reason, and/or they can poop all
over the floor and in front of the box, or do their proper duty every
time. They can be laid back like a surfer dude, or high strung like a
prima dona.

I adore this individuality in them. It is like the surprize that came
on the bottom of those Cracker Jacks.I think I love the royal stinker
Princesses with such moxy and zest, the mentally ill that strike at
odd times for no apparent reason, and those that have been abused and
betrayed that have found their way to me most of all.

The floor poopers are for sale. See me after you read this and we will
work something out.

Only kidding. ....a little.

Lisette