From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:45:10 -0500
Hi there!  I saw Melissa's message about her ferret eating soap and I
thought I'd let her know that it's not that uncommon.  I had two ferts -
Nik and Buster - both hanging out and causing havok with Gushi at the
Bridge now - who had a big thing for soap too!  Little teeth marks in the
soap was not a rare sight ... I don't know about my two youngsters now
though.  Geisha isn't a soap eater but the place I'm in now the kids don't
have access to the bathroom so I don't know if Tessa or Frodo would be
guilty of such a crime if given the temptation.

As for hurting them, I would think they'd have to eat quite abit to cause
a problem and then it might only be some diarrhea.  If it was a heavily
perfumed or medicinal soap then I might be more concerned.  I always had
visions of Nik and Buster eating abit too much soap and then having the
hiccups and becoming walking bubble machines!!!  hahahahaha!

Take care and hugs to all!
George, Jasper and the Crew

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret