From:
Rebecca Clayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 12:33:18 -0500
Hi, all!

Does anybody have any tips or comments about ferret safety and
fireplace fires?

This weekend, I built fires in our fireplace for the first time
since The Woozle came to live with me.  Unlike the cats, who approach
new things with caution and suspicion, The Woozle was amazed, alarmed,
and then ready to attack the fire. (The transition through all these
reactions took about 3 minutes.  But you probably all guessed that.)
Well, when watching her like a hawk wore thin (after about an hour)
she spent the rest of the evening in her cage (she was sleepy by that
time anyway).

Is there anyway to ferret-proof a fireplace, so that I can be in the
same room as the nice warm fire AND the weasel at the same time? If not,
I can always give up the pleasures of the fireplace (it doesn't really
help warm the house much; it's mostly for fun).

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!  (This list is so helpful--
Thanks for being there, folks!)

Rebecca Clayton  [log in to unmask]