From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 09:54:47 -0400
A friend of mine stopped by the Petco on Rockville Pike(next to Circuit
City), Rockville, Maryland yesterday.  She was very upset to see that
eight, eight almost full grown ferrets are kept in a 36" circular, tall
plexiglass aquariums that is meant for lizards.  There's no ventalization
except a fan on top.  They share a tent like hammy and there're no litter
box (NO ROOM!).  All eight of the ferrets were stretched out on their
back, sleeping, some on their own feces.  My friend said they were laying
side by side, filling up the bottom of the aquarium, it was eerie, she's
never seen anything like that.  She got there late and were ushered out
the door because the store was closing.  I live about two hours from the
shop.  Please if you live near that area, please stop by there to check
on these poor ferrets.

[WQ]