From:
Crystal Helton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 11:54:36 -0500
A friend of mine is in CA and is interested in getting a ferret.  She
knows they are illegal and is not rushing into this.  She has already
located a good ferret vet in her area that is willing to treat her future
ferrets.  She is also looking up all sorts of thing about them.  She is
expecting to try to find a ferret in about a year so she can get the
cage and everything ready in advance.  We have talked about the need for
people adopting "unwanted" ferrets from shelters.  She would love to do
this but isn't sure where she could get one since she is in CA.  Can
anyone that has information on obtaining a ferret in CA (especially a
shelter ferret) please email me direct.  I read the FML but I always
seem to be behind.

Thanks in advance!