Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 13:19:36 -0500
Hello Again, it has been a while since I have posted but I have been
lurking.  Need help once again.  I have three fuzzbutts Chief, the master,
Tabitha, the princess and Snuffy, the peasant.  On Saturday I have new
additions to my family.  Two very loving and sweet babies, Oscar and
Oliver, they are 3 years old.  Problem is that the Princess (Tabitha) has a
vicious streak.  When introduced to Snuffy she dragged him around and bit
him hard enough to almost puncture his neck.  Snuffy is currently and was
at the time of introduction about three times her size so he very quickly
let her know where to get off.  With the new babies it seems that she
wants, of course, to smell them and Oscar allows her just so far and then
he will hiss and she will take off.  She will corner him but he will not
allow her to get close enough to get a grip.  Now with Oliver, (should be
Olivia but at her age I don't want to start calling her something else) she
is very tiny, little girl and Tabitha is VICIOUS to her.  I have seen her
with other ferrets and the introductions were not smooth but this looks
like she is trying to kill her.  Does anyone have any suggestions, short of
never letting them play together?  Tabitha is a very lovable and sweet
ferret to all humans and to her cage mates.  Is this something that will
lessen the longer I have all of them or can you not put two females
together?

FYI... Oscar and Oliver have their own cage separate from the others.
Also, I do not leave them alone and keep Oscar and Oliver within reaching
distance when trying to get Tabitha used to them.  Chief and Snuffy are
like great new play mates so what gives?

Desperate is Arlington.  You can E-mail me direct at [log in to unmask]