From:
"marie i. schatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 23:23:48 -0500
Well Boris is 2.5 yrs old and actually sort of laid in my lap tonight and
let me pet him for about 5 minutes.  A first!  He has liked being carried
around more and being held up to my chest but not like this.  Maybe I'll
have a lap ferret yet!

Giesela recently added to her bizzillion x-rays the other day after throwing
up under the bed the other night.  Upon a search I found what may have been
evidence of previous upchucking so off to the vet.  At the same time I
closely examined the most recent "product" and the results were quite
strange.  Small ground beef looking stuff that had a rubbery consistency
(first thought rubber, great:( then found a couple fairly large pieces of
what looked like tendon or flat cartiledge.  ?????  I don't eat much meat,
pepperoni on my pizza, the occassional sausage or piece of chicken but this
didn't look like chicken.  Took it with me to the vet when I went to get her
x-ray (after receiving the barium previously).  Upon examination with the
vet we found what looked like a bit of a fairly large artery, i.e. a hollow
piece of something a little smaller than a pencil.  Way too big for a mouse,
mole etc. ????????????  I live in a small suburban house with critters in
the yard but not in the house (well except for the ferrets:) I have been
letting them wander around in the garage on harness and a bit in the yard.
The only place I can't see them is when they rummage around under a pine
tree who's branches come all the way down to the ground.  It seems unlikely
but maybe there was an (dead?) animal under there?  Boris wouldn't eat meat
if it bit him but Giesela does occassionally.  Other than the tree theory
(have no idea how I can get under there to prove it) I'm stumped.  Anyway
she seems fine but oh how weird.  Strange too how different they are.
Giesela gets into everthing and has eaten the strangest things (I got her
from my nephew who said she ate a tack and pooped it out).  Can't count how
many times I've had her x-rayed as a precaution though she has gotten
better.  Boris steals all my socks and is an inverterate begger for normal
treats but almost never eats all the weird things Giesela does.  Giesela
could care less about socks but does hoard all sorts of food including
broccoli (she also eats califlower)!  Watch those ferrets, the trouble they
get into!

Mary, Boris (give me a cheerio!) Giesela (hey Mom why do I glow in the
dark?) and Booker the dog

P.S.  Giesela LOVES the freeze dried chicken liver I have around for the
dog.  Can too much of this hurt her?  She can really chow on it.