From:
Carol Dworkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 05:19:59 EST
>A treat that I highly recommend to all ferret owners is a cat tartar
>control treat.  We see distinct differences in the dental condition of
>ferrets that eat tartar control treats versus those that prefer "soft"
>treats

Three of my four ferts love the Pounce Tartar Control Chicken Flavor, but
I supervise until the treats are eaten since their shape can become wedged
in the roof of their mouths.  They are easily dislodged by putting slight
pressure at the corners of the mouth with one hand while loosening the
treat with the other hand.  I suppose breaking the treats in half before
giving them might prevent them from getting wedged in the fert's mouth,
but mine would resent being "shorted" on treats.  :-)

Carol

If you want peace, seek justice.