From:
Kimberly Trusty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:49:26 -0600
Hello

I have a dilemma and was hoping for some advice.  Has anyone here ever
heard of a ferret willing himself to death after being given up by his
owner.  We have a beautiful albino male named Max that was surrendered
here this passed summer along with his two female friends.  The two
females have adjusted well and seem healthy.  Max on the other hand has
lost weight, at one point you could count his ribs.  I have taken him to
the vet, his stool came back fine, his blood came back fine and I even
had them ultrasound him looking for a tumor or something and nothing.
Our vet said that the only thing he could figure was that he was just
to depressed to go on.  We have since started syringe feeding him and
he will eat now some kibble on his own, but if you stop feeding him the
special stuff, which of course involves holding and cuddling him, he will
stop eating again.  I am afraid to introduce him to any other play groups
because of the stress factor and certainly can't adopt any of this group
out.  I just wondered if anyone else has experienced this.

Sincerely
Kim and the Coffee Creek Ferret gang