From:
Melody Tomaszewicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 08:48:24 -0500
Eri-

I buy my wood pellets from an Agway store.  They are called Stove Chow.
However, since you live in a southern state, they will be hard to get.
Have you considered trying to find horse bedding?  They sell the same
kind of wood pellets for the bottom of horse stalls.  Don't know the
brand name, but it is really the same stuff....just sawdust mixed with
water and extruded.

In the meantime, if you can get Feline Pine, I can tell you the most
economical way to use this.  The stuff is god-awfully expensive, but
there is a way to make it cheaper to use.  Every day scoop out the
clumps of solid stuff.  Throw the rest of it into a colander.  Sieve
out the sawdust (which is the pieces that got wet and disintegrated).
Put the rest back into the litterbox and add a little more.  You would
be amazed how far you can make a bag of the stuff go if you do this.

Melodyt and the slinky six

--
Melody Tomaszewicz
Holdings Record Maintenance Team Leader

             \(_   \(_

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."