From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 21:33:52 -0600
>Hi: I am writing to spout off about vet fee's.  I am a new ferret owner and
>my ferrets have not been to the vets yet.  I am afraid because what happened
>to me in the spring.  I just can't aford it. . . all I do know is that I
>doubt that my little ferrets will ever get to the vets.  I love them but I
>have to feed 2 children.

I sympathize with your predicament.  With nine ferrets, just the regular
immunizations get very expensive.  We have a ferret going in for adrenal
surgery on Friday and we weren't sure that we could afford it.

However, I hope you can find a more reasonable vet or come up with some
arrangement to pay the bills, because your ferrets need to have at least
distemper shots (and yearly boosters) and preferably rabies shots too.
Canine distemper is always deadly in ferrets, and the best way to treat it
is to prevent it.  Maybe some of the other people on the FML who live in
your geographical area can help you find another vet.

Best wishes for resolving this situation.

Sara and Kurt
The Ferrets Nine (Spice, Fog, Buddie, Jodeci, Skotter, Daffnie, Danyel,
Preen and Cognac)