Date:
Thu, 9 Nov 2000 23:55:32 -0800
Dooks gang ~!~!

I must have missed the original post on this asking for responses.  I can
say that I have personally witnessed the vets / techs / assistants at the
office I go to (Forest Heights Vet Clinic, Portland OR) using precautions
against infectious diseases.

I have had occasions to be in the lab areas and examination areas and have
observed them using disinfection procedures.  When I would see someone
leave an exam room there was a 10-15 min wait before I could go in.  A
few times they asked me to wait a little longer because they wanted to
disinfected a room a second time as a precaution.

When Zeus was helped to cross over, the assistant asked me to remain
OUTSIDE THE OFFICE with him (he was still in the car - MY precaution).
Since there was a possibility of distemper, they wanted to make certain
the waiting area was clear of other animals.  Once it was clear, we were
hustled into the exam room and the door was closed.  As I was leaving I
heard someone tell the assistant that the exam room would be closed for
an "extended" period.

To me, this shows that they are taking precautions against the spread of
disease.  I would really be concerned if I thought they weren't

Warm Fuzzies ~!~!

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew