From:
Barbara Gustafson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 18:34:07 -0600
I nearly laughed out loud when I read this posting.  (I have to try and
contain myself cause secretly reading the FML at work while peering out from
behind an engineering proposal, so I look like I'm working, wouldn't look
good, even if some engineering proposals are a joke.)

I even know exactly how it was done...you see the Indians...or was it the
Romans!  No I'm sure it was the Indians cause I lived beside a reserve for
many years and was privy to many of their secrets.

Anyhow what they used to do back when the west was young, about the time the
white man started making their lives hell, was to capture white men and
stake em out naked on the ground.  Then they would rub their bodies
liberally with a mixture of bear fat and maple sap which had been boiled for
a week and cooled and which I'm told tasted remarkably similar to Ferretone.

They would then set their ferret companions loose and the ferrets, who can
never resist that manna from heaven, would proceed to lick the white man to
death.

So you see, they weren't poisonous at all. This old man was misinformed but
I guess the end result was the same.

Barb Gustafson (aka Boots)
Alberta Ferret Society