Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:19:04 -0500
HELP...I have been running a shelter for five yrs now and I have run into
a skin problem that i have not seen before.  This is a 3 1/2 yr old gib.
He is in good health but has came down with thinning hair on his back from
behind his shoulders to in front of the back legs. but to top it off he
has these brown spots the size of the tip of a needle all over where the
hair is thinning.  If you scratch at it you get the spot out.  I figure it
has something to do with his hair folicals.  He was tested for adrenal and
he's not.  we did a scraping and found nothing.  He is itchy but his skin
is not dry.  Has anyone seen anything on these lines?  I don't want to have
a biopsy done unless i run out of options.

You can e-mail me directly Thanks
Kasey      "Ferret Frenzy Rescue"