From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:31:14 -0500
Hi there!  I posted about a week or so ago about having my oldest ferret's,
Gushi (6 years, 4 months), teeth cleaned.  They need it - I've tried the
enzymatic stuff with the little finger brush with not much results and
they're not too thrilled about the process either.

I didn't receive any responses, which I found surprizing because usually I
get lots of great advice from everyone - thanks!  But I think with the
recent debates about shelters and such, my question fell by the way-side.

I'm really nervous about having this done even though he does need it done.
My concern is due to the fact that he is over 6 years and he has seizures.
He was diagnosed with hypoglycemia about two and a half years ago.  He is
on an herbal medication that helps control them and I've been giving him
duck soup with his meds mixed in it since sometimes it's hard to get him to
take the stuff.

Anyways, I'm really scared to have him fully anesthetized because of this
condition.  What if he doesn't come out of it??  I was wondering if there
are any other ways around this that I can suggest to my vet.  I will be
seeing him on Friday since I'm taking Gushi and Geisha in to have their
shots updated but I'd like some info/ideas to put forth to him.

If anyone has any suggestions, or has dealt with this themselves, could you
e-mail me directly at [log in to unmask]  I'd like to print out the info to
show to my vet.  Thanks!

Take care and hugs to all!
George, Jasper and the Crew

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret