From:
Kathy Rapp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 1994 21:13:48 EDT
be careful about blocking off your fridge.  it needs to stay cool and have
air ventolation.  if you have an ice maker........get a solid copper tubing.
 my mom found out i had had ariel running loose in HER house while i was
house sitting.  the tubing ruptured due to some chewing.  yes i was in
trouble once again.

stoves!  i lived in one apartment that had a stove that ariel could get
under.  she loved it under there.  when we went to turn on the oven we always
had to check the broiler to make sure she wasnt there.  this was of course
after a few mishaps.  she moved quickly,  just singed wiskers!  it was a gas
oven,  no piolet light.   also we had to check for foriegn objects.  some
don't bake well.  ie., toys.

again a note on dryers........you can get an all aluminum vent hose!!!!  do
NOT get the plastic,  except for toys!  they can't scratch through the
aluminum,  or don't want to.  also if you wire a (not window screen) screen
across/through the exit of your vent this will also prevent mishaps.  make
sure it is on tightly!!!!!!!  AND securely!!!!!!!

zephyr the excape artist