From:
"Michelle P." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 1994 19:35:47 -0500
Hi All!
To: Judy and all that have helped me welcome in the new born fuzzies.
Yes Judy, I have played Midwife to many litters, This litter was very
important for me to be there, since in the past the mother has eaten the
kits, she is ok if you remove the After birth and clean them up, and then
give them back to her, Then she bonds with them and performs all of her
necessary motherly duties, And is very attentive and protective. Wich makes
me think that this perticular ferret mother cannot distinguish the differance
between afterbirth and baby, My theory any way.
But it always amazes me when I have a litter born, It is New and exciting
every time, Something so small, alive, and full of that much energy. My
girlfriend calls them "sqworming worms with feet", But she means that in a
loving way! :) She is a Ferret lover also.
I'll tell you now that I do not plan to keep any of the three, But as it
usually goes,...I'll find a reason to!  And my husband will moan and groan
and eventually say," he" or "she" is cute, and admitt what the heck, whats
one more? Don't tell him but I am already reading my lists of names that I
have collected ( I have plans of writing a animal name book) And I don't know
why I'm reading the names, Old habbits die hard I guess. I really have no
intentions of keeping any.
 I have gotten to the point now, that even though more is merrier, I am
afraid I won't be able to give them all the attention they deserve.  Ten is
about all I can play with now. Even though they have each other, What use is
it to have more then you can handle? They should all be babied!
The babies are doing real good, starting already to grow the white baby down
hair, in a few days I will be able to tell if they are going to be Sables or
silver mitts or black eyed whites, by the color of their skin.
And already their voices are changing, each have their own pitch!
There isn't any thing sweeter!
So more then likely I will be letting these 3 go to good homes.
I also have another litter due on the 20th, This little girl came to me
already pregnant, she was given up because she was attacking the owners
$400.00 dog. Ya right!  Atleast that was their excuse. She is one of the
sweetest ferrets I have ever met, She loves nothing better then to curl up on
your chest and cuddle for hours at a time, Really strange, my others like to
cuddle but not for that long. They said she was always like that. She is a
real sweetie,.. I'd of gotten rid of the dog. I love dogs too, but the Ferret
was there first. And if for some reason she did pick on the dog, I am sure
that is why she was doing it.
Well hope everyone has a good weekend!
Glad to hear that "Bree" is doing fine and all went well with the surgery! :)
Give her a kiss from all of us!

Michelle and The MASKeteers!