From:
Cathy Jo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 20:29:17 -0400
IM one happy ferret mom!  Iv been searching for a albino ferret to complete
our ferret family (this makes 4)

I had replied to an add I found in Yahoo classified about a ferret here in
Maine well they called today and Now he's here!  Get this, his name is MAX!
ut oh is right we have to do something different here with our Max since
our Max doesn't know his name yet so far we have been calling them our Max
and new Max LOL we have to come up with something for our Max that starts
with he MAAA sound.  any suggestions will be appreciated greatly.
seriously please help us with a name.  we cant call them both Max without
confusing everybody.

I think this was meant to be New Max lived in a small NASTY!!!!!  rabbit
cage it was gross it made me physically sick.  He had a cage mate once.  he
fought with the other ferret it had cancer and died a few months ago.  as
soon as I grabbed hold of new Max he kissed me all over talk about a sweet
ferret, he is just as good as gold & so mild.  he's 2 1/2 years old.  and
healthy he's very long and seem s a little thin for his length but I will
fatten him right up!  he's been eating Alpo cat food (yuck) but his OLD
owner says he very picky.  so I will have to try to wean him off it.  as
far as my 3 and the new guy so far so good the first thing I had to do when
we walked through the door was clip his nails WOW where they long and I
have the missing skin to prove it just by him crawling on me.  I don't
think they have ever been cut the guy we got him from said well he does
real good scratching them on the cage to keep them down, he also let us
know that Max really liked wine coolers I just walked off and left hubby to
deal with the man.  I had to keep my mouth shut.  I was ready to grab his
toys and run (like a ferret I guess) they guy said they were selling him
because with his and his wife's work schedule there was no time for him and
it wasn't fair to Max to never get out of his cage.  I know that must be
excuse #1 world wide for you shelters but it was to my benefit this time,
and to max.'s I believe.  He seem so happy already and is having a grand
time running around he is so mellow and seems happy already I'm one happy
ferret mom!!!

To all the sick ferrets and to the families of those that have crossed I'm
so very sorry.  It always breaks my heart to hear of this.  and terrifies
me for the day I might have to post the same, I hope that day never comes
or at least is a long long time down the road.

Dooks to all!

~~~Cathy Jo, Miloe, Sabrina, Harley Ann, Teddy Bear, Max.
ICQ 44666258....AOL/AIM LVLOTION
join my mailing list for pet lovers, Click here.....
http://www.egroups.com/group/FurKids