From:
Debbie Riccio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 1995 08:14:29 -0500
Tracy,

This is why I can't support our club having a ferret show.  I'm in the
minority on this as many of the clubs continue to have shows - I am not
flaming AZ - I don't them at all - I am only making a general statement as
there are several shows scheduled over the next few months.

My own feeling on this is that until there is a vaccine available and that
might not be for another 2 or 3 years, mixing ferrets should be limited to
those you know personally.  I've been accused of living in a glass
house....well...then I shall live in a glass house.  I don't have a
problem with that.

Shows are fun and magnetic; they are uplifting and exciting - but not
if it means a dead ferret - and the problem is you just don't know
who has it, who had it, and if your own guys are gonna get it.

I know how your friend feels, Tracy.  I lost a ferret to the greenies
after a show and the hardest thing to accept - and I still haven't
accepted it - is that it didn't have to happen.  And Molly never left
the hotel room - I apparently handled a sick ferret and brought it
back in on my shirt - washing my hands didn't help - I should have
changed my clothes - but I didn't know.

You can't kiss and hug a ribbon.

Debbie Riccio
WNYFLFA