Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 06:50:42 -0800
I agree with JBferret about not making names public.  These people are not
dead-beat parents or sexual predators.  I also agree that you should be
able to speak with your accuser, but I believe (IMO) that the person
reporting the incident was probably more concerned for the ferret's safety,
than making the breeder out to be a "bad" person.

Besides, think about it, if you were the breeder and someone witnessed you
(and let's use this incident for the sake of "what if") slap a ferret on
the head and pull its whiskers repeatedly; what if they came up to you and
said "I don't think you should be treating your ferret like that."  What
would be your reaction?  Really??  Most parents, when confronted about
disciplining their child in public will respond something to the effect
of "And just who are you to be telling me how to disciplin my child?!"
Do you get my point?

Now, what I don't agree with is this.  Just because only one person, who
happens to be a ferret owner, SUPPOSEDLY witnessed what appeared to be an
"abusive" or "extreme" measure to stop biting, well then that's what they
feel.  Times have changed now-a-days ladies and gentleman... perception is
100 percent the rule.  Let me say that again... PRECEPTION IS 100 PERCENT
THE RULE!  Like it or not!

Maybe we should start slapping our cats for scratching on the furniture,
kicking the dog for barking too loud, punching the kids for not eating
their vegetables.  Is that wrong?  YES, in my opinion, but maybe not in
others'... they believe they are just correcting a problem.

Some people do not like confrontation, or the potential for confrontation,
so they seek out persons that can help them relay their concern(s).
Sometimes this is a person that they see as an authority figure (AFA
member).  That's their right.

Louis (of June, Louis and the Zoo)

=====
Behind every successful man is a WONDERFUL woman!