From:
"Julie B. Kerr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 20:50:27 -0400
Hi all,

I was appalled to hear about the abusive ferret breeder in Fredonia.  If
these were cats or dogs that he was torturing, he would be IMPRISONED for
sure, but instead he is going to be PAID to rescue the poor guys!
Nevertheless, I will gladly pitch in some money to help out.  I didn't see
any address to send the money to, so I was wondering if somebody could post
that.

On a happier note, Delta and Epsie are doing great!  I spent more time
playing with them this week than I am willing to admit.  They are totally
hyper most of the time and team up to escape from rooms that I am trying to
keep them in.  They are so smart about using their litter box, which makes
me happy because it means that maybe I will be able to give them the run of
the place even when I am gone.  Also, Epsie has learned that, although
nipping my toes is off-limits, it is okay to lick my feet like crazy after I
step out of the shower.

Last night I tried introducing them to my friend's cat Zeus.  Poor Zeus!  He
has lived indoors all his life learning to chase rubberbands and wads of
paper, and he just didn't know what to make of these crazy little objects
that wouldn't slow down for a second.  The first time Epsie came up to him,
he let out a loud hiss.  So then my friend cradled Zeus in his arms for
several minutes to calm him down.  Zeus seemed to be doing fine, watching
the little furballs race around while he was safely in his owner's lap.  But
finally I guess all the commotion became too much for him, because with no
warning whatsoever he suddenly leaped out of my friend's lap, scratching my
friend's chest in the act and sending Delta and Epsie racing under the
couch.  At that point we decide that maybe this interspecies relationship
was not going to work out.  Ah well....

Cluckcluckcluck,
 Julie and Delta and Epsie